Wednesday, September 23, 2009

fighting temptations

So this week has gone by pretty fast! I spoke with one of the producers of the show today and realized that I'm halfway to looking at a thirty day progress time. Kinda scary. He reminded me today that this isnt a weight loss challenge as I sometimes think, however a healthy lifestyle change. But part of me cant help but want to lose as much weight as I can before going back on national television! But Im still remaining healthy and learning to live this way! But just keeps me motivated I guess!

No matter how much motivation I have- I still get tempted! Of course I knew I would be fighting temptations and cravings. I knew that I would have to resist the dessert at lunch or the candy bar in the afternoon and the first week was great- I thought wow- this is going to be easier than I thought! Wrong! This week I have been getting a lot of cravings. Today the girls brought in candy at work and thats all that I could think about! Its sad because the thought is always in the back of my mind that there is a snickers bar in the break room 100 feet from me if I ever wanted it! Today at lunch my co-worker, whom I love had a huge york peppermint pattie, which I didnt really want anyways, but she said to me when she opened it, "Oh Im sorry I shouldnt have opened that in front of you!". Although it is hard for me not to grab the chocolate from her hands sometimes, no one should change their lives just because I'm changing mine. If someone wants to eat a candybar then by all means go ahead! I can't live in a world for the rest of my life without being surrounded or seeing chocolate and desserts! I have to learn how to resist my temptation and say no, but handle things in moderation. I have found that sugar free jello pudding helps in the evenings when i really crave sweets!

Tomorrow I am going to a Royals game and I cant help but think that a hot dog with a big beer and some french fries sound so delicious right now! But I'm going to pack my healthy dinner- some carrots, maybe a tuna sandwich or a salad- and be good with that. I cant promise that I wont drink one beer but one reward here and there wont be too bad, will it? Who knows, I guess we'll see!

~Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!

    I have been following your little journey and can I just say: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! You can do this girl!!!

    Two things:

    1) I am sooo jealous you got to meet Bob! Okay, I know he's gay, but that man is SO incredibly sexy!!! I think I have fallen in love with tattoos on men solely because of him!! haha :)

    2) I think one beer at the ballgame is perfectly acceptable! You can't completely deprive yourself. Its about finding balance and TRULY living!! You are packing your healthy food, so you've got a perfect balance :)

    Keep up the great work girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I know I have to admit- I love bob too!!! He is gorgeous!!! I know his tattoos are so sexy!

    Thanks for the encouragement! I need it! It is about balance. Im slowly learning that. It is so hard, but I think its starting to sink in!!!

    ReplyDelete