Tuesday, October 20, 2009

lunch challenges

So this week I have a new challenge: Lunch. I have found that I am getting sick of lunch every day. When it comes lunch time whether its at home or work, I dread going to the kitchen or the cafeteria. Usually I bring my lunch everyday to work, but lately I have not been satisfied with anything that I have been eating or bringing. Veggie burgers are boring and not appetizing to me right now, Im sick of tuna, salads sound gross and Im definately getting sick of jello. I dont know what my deal is. Im in a funk. I dont have a problem with breakfast or dinner. But lunch- is oh so miserable right now!

I think my taste buds are still messed up from all my sinus crap that went on last week, because nothing tastes good. (well at least im hoping its from me being sick!) But unfortunately I think i was kind of anticipating something like this. I mean I have been doing so good for so long- almost 6 weeks and to think that it was all going to be a down hill road was not realistic. I guess I expected some sort of bump in the road, whether it was bad cravings or boredom! But when I really think about it 6 weeks ago i was really eating the same thing over and over. Stopping at the same fast food restaurant each day or eating the same grilled cheese and curly fries in the cafeteria every day would soon get old right? Maybe it was the high fat content or grease content that held its appeal! But why didn't I get bored with that?

I think ultimately it still comes back to my thinking. My mind's upset that I will never be able to have those things again and wanting those things back in my life. My grief over my long lost food is still never ending, as I am still battling with the loss of my bestest friends! I can feel myself actually slipping into a sadness over it- I actually become sad when I know I have to eat lunch. I have felt myself not being my usual happy self. Again a stage in my grief process kicking in. But I think Im slowly learning that food is not everything. Its not all I have in my life anymore. Obviously my huge wealth of family and friends have shown me that! But again, a process that will take time.

So game plan for now- find new lunch ideas. I'm in the process of looking for new food choices for lunch. Any ideas>?

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment